Come join us!
SUMMER 2023-SOUTHWEST SUBURBS:
Greater Chicago Music Therapy Inc. is growing and we are excited to be adding a part-time board-certified music therapist to our team in the southwest suburbs. This position offers flexibility—both with scheduling and number of hours. It will start with 15-20 hours per week and can expand to add additional hours, grow to a full-time salaried position, or remain as is depending on what is best for the new team member. We will structure the position to ensure that the new team music therapist is compensated for the time it takes to facilitate music therapy sessions (travel, planning, documentation, facilitation, team meetings, supervision, etc.) and the position includes benefits. We are looking for an independent music therapist who can manage their own caseload of individual and group sessions with adults with dementia, adults with developmental/intellectual disabilities, older adults with neurological disorders, and adults in hospice care. Our team collaborates closely sharing knowledge, expertise, and resources, and we are thrilled to be able to have someone join us!
- Membership to AMTA
- Membership to IAMT
- CBMT dues covered
- Professional development paid time and enrollment cost coverage (e.g. CMTEs)
- Compensation for travel (time and mileage)
- Clinical supervision
- Worker’s compensation & professional liability insurance
- Health insurance options
- Instruments, equipment, and supplies
- Access to sheet/digital music library
- Streaming music subscription
- Monthly technology stipend
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible growth as desired by applicant
- Applicant must be MT-BC
- Team members must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable and safe transportation
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated & boosted
- Comfortable assisting clients who use wheelchairs short distances if necessary (e.g. escorting a client from their room at a skilled nursing care community to a quiet space for session)
- Ideal applicant brings energy, creativity, dependability, good communication skills, and patience to their work
Please send resume, cover letter and 2-3 references to:
Rebecca J. Froman Freiman-Owner/Director of Greater Chicago Music Therapy Inc.